Designer Frames & Precision Lenses
Find your perfect match at Hopping Eye Associates.
The right eyewear balances form and function. You want to look great, feel great, and see clearly in every condition. Hopping Eye Associates can help you find your match.
Our optical studio features a curated collection of designer frames and precision lenses. Your eyes deserve the best, and our experienced team can help you find it.
Call or click to schedule your appointment.
What are my options for lenses?
There are many eyeglass lens options available. Your eye care provider will take your lifestyle and vision correction needs into consideration when helping you select the right lenses for your eyes.
Here are some of the most common eyeglass lens types:
- Photochromic lenses – These lenses are made of dynamic materials that automatically darken when exposed to UV light and lighten back to a clear lens when indoors. These lenses are perfect for patients who want one pair of glasses that work for them in any setting.
- UV coated lenses – UV coating is extremely important for protection against harmful UV rays. Most lens materials include UV protection, however it is also included in your anti-glare options.
- Tinted sunglass lenses – Unless your lenses are photochromic, prescription sunglasses are recommended for outdoor use. Your individualized prescription sun lenses can be made with a variety of different tint color options, mirror coatings and polarization.
- Scratch-resistant coating – A durable coating that can help reduce minor wear and tear scratches on your lenses.
- Lens Material – With different materials available to accommodate your individual prescription, you’ll have eyeglasses that are lightweight and feel great. Our opticians always take the time to discuss the different lens options, polycarbonate, Trivex or high index materials and recommend the perfect lens material for you.
- Thinner lenses – Although lens material makes the biggest difference on the thickness and weight of your lenses, there are other options such as aspheric lenses or edge treatments that can cosmetically reduce the look of thick lenses.
- Anti-glare lenses – Advancements in anti-glare treatments have made this a must have for your lenses. Not only do they greatly reduce glare and improve your clarity of vision, they eliminate the unsightly reflections from the front and back of the lens which improve the cosmetic appearance of your glasses significantly.
Need a prescription?
We do that too! Hopping Eye Associates offers comprehensive eye exams at our Clear Lake & Friendswood office. In addition to assessing your visual acuity, your eye care provider will examine your eye health and function.
Schedule a comprehensive eye exam at Hopping Eye Associates now.